If I told you that you could whip up a quick, fuss-free snack in your kitchen that is sweet, flavorful and loaded with healthy protein, you may begin to doubt my sanity!! But I am going to boldly hedge my bets and share this banana bread recipe that I absolutely love.
Servings: 1 Loaf
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- 4 x 8 inch loaf pan
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 180 grams All-Purpose Flour
- 70 grams AIFS Cricket Flour
- 76 grams (1/3 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 110 grams Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Lightly beat the egg with the vanilla extract in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sift the cricket flour and all-purpose flour together and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, mash the bananas in a mixing bowl till completely smooth.
- Pour in the melted butter and beat until mixture becomes creamy.
- Add in the brown sugar, baking soda, salt and continue to mix until mixture becomes well combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract mixture in small batches.
- Add in the sifted flour mixture gradually and fold till well combined and evenly distributed.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Grease the sides and bottom of the loaf pan with butter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until a tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the bread in the loaf pan rest on a cooling rack for 20 minutes.
- Run a spatula around the edges of the bread to remove it from the loaf pan.
- Let the bread cool completely before serving.
Interested in empowering yourself to eat better and challenging societal norms? Try out our AIFS Cricket Flour in your everyday cooked dishes, baked goods and smoothies!! We are also interested to know how this recipe worked out for you. Please share your photos and comments @aifsolutions and @asiainsectfarmsolutions. Or tagging #aifscricketflour would be great too!